DAN ST. ROMAIN
Cultivating Character in Kids
I loved this course! I loved that we could work through it at our own pace! I enjoyed that sessions were recorded and we could go back and watch them again. I really liked the book suggestions and activity ideas. It was helpful that each lesson was only 20 minutes long and didn’t take hours to do. I found this very helpful and useful! Thank you!!!
Looking for some great ideas for strengthening student behaviors in the school setting? Spend a year with educational consultant Dan St. Romain virtually as he walks you through effective, developmentally appropriate, and fun ways to teach critical skills in the areas of social, emotional, and ethical development using children’s literature, consistent phrases, gestures and engaging activities.
- 24 online video sessions:
- 2 Introduction sessions
- 20 behavior lessons (2 per month)
- 2 bonus lessons
The lessons feature
- Dan’s list of 100 recommended children’s books
- List of over 60 foundational behavioral phrases/ examples of gestures
- Multiple recommended activities for strengthening behavioral skills
- Perspective considerations for each of the skills
- Potential traps to avoid when teaching skills
- Recommendations for a yearly schedule
- Monthly virtual touch-ins and lesson reviews with Dan
- End-of-Program Certificate – 8 hours of Professional Development upon completion of video sessions
Plus: Course participants receive a 10% discount on all songs, lessons and accompanying Juan Pablo Chameleon resources.
How it Works:
Individuals can sign up for the course at any time throughout the year. Upon registration, participants receive access online video sessions and can self-pace how they choose to watch them. They have a full year to view all sessions. Additionally, Dan provides ongoing support hosting monthly Zoom chats for participants, where he highlights skills, offers suggestions, and answers questions.
From the Instructor
Yearly Course Cost: $250.00
One of the first suggestions for this course is to team with a partner teacher to implement the content throughout the year. There is strength in numbers! So, talk with your administrator and register a team together to secure a group discount. While it is certainly not necessary, it is highly recommended.
10-24 Participants $240.00 per participant
25+ Participants $225.00 per participant